Monday, February 9, 2015

Sweet 16


The official anniversary of Scott & Stace just came around... 16 years. Yup, you read that correctly- 16 years! That's half of Scott's life and more than half of mine. February 7, 1999 was the start of it all... 16 years of US, Scott & Stace, #TeamRicci. 

How did I get so lucky??! Not everyone finds their soul mate in the 10th grade. I'm constantly reminded of how lucky and blessed we are to have found each other and to have created a ridiculously strong bond based on friendship and love. In honor of our 16 year date-iversary, here are some cute highlights from Friday and a slew of pics from our photoshoot in November with my friend Lindsay. 

Friday was February 6, so even though it wasn't our dating anniversary, it's the date that started it all. We were sophomores in high school and had been friends at this point in 1999. We were both on the JV basketball teams and had back-to-back basketball practices for our teams, so we always made small talk in classes and before/after practices. The upcoming winter formal on 2/6/99 was definitely a good excuse to be a little flirty and we didn't go together but hung out at the dance for most of the night and danced together at 11:11. The next night, Scott called to ask me out, and the rest is history. 

16 years of friendship and love. I'm extremely thankful, blessed, and lucky to be able to say that. I love you so much, Scoot. We've been through a lot in 16 years and have learned so much along the way~ about ourselves, each other, and us as a team. I love you to the moon and back and I constantly thank my lucky stars for you. You are my strength, my sanity, my voice of reason, my other half, the yin to my yang, and the peanut butter to my jelly. I love you so much and can't wait to see what the next adventure brings us. Here's to hoping 2015 is our year to pregnancy and parenthood... and here's to a lifetime of many more anniversaries and milestones! 

So, not expecting anything until Saturday (if anything at all, honestly), I was surprised when I got a call during lunch Friday that there was a delivery for me in the office...flowers and a super cute note! :) Later, keeping up our Friday night date night ritual (new thing for us as of the last few months- and I love it), we celebrated at one of our fav local restaurants. 




Back in November, we did a photoshoot with my friend Lindsay. She lives in Texas but was home for the holidays and I've been wanting pics with her. We're lucky that 2 of our close friends are photographers (Manny, you're next! When it's finally nice in the spring, please do one of us too! I love you both & you're both so incredibly talented with cameras in hand). It's important to note that Scott often hates pictures. He usually needs some liquid encouragement to not care how many pics I take, so the fact that he agreed to this was a happy shocker. It's also important to note that he only agreed because Lindsay brought her daughter along (she'll be 2 in a few months). Scott being the Baby Whisperer, he needed a happy distraction and only agreed if her daughter came along so that he could hang out with a tot in between pics. It worked and Sky was smitten with Scott almost instantly. It could have been the fact that it was a cold, windy day, and he's a warm teddy bear... but I'll go with the Baby Whisperer theory. Whatever it was, Scott was happy, and that makes for some cute pics! There are a whole bunch in this post but I wanted a place to share them all, so here we go. :) 

Scott & Stace (#TeamRicci) Photoshoot~ November 2014, Bear Mountain State Park, NY




































And now, the mastermind behind the lens... a close friend of mine, Lindsay Lamy. Anyone in the Killeen, TX area, or here in the Hudson Valley (she has family here and will do local shoots when in the area), check out her work on her site. I don't think our shoot is on there, but it's here so that's what counts. She's got a web site of her own and a Facebook site... Check her out, she's on the rise! 

http://lamylensphotography.webs.com/

https://www.facebook.com/LamyLensPhotography




No comments:

Post a Comment